All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: ULK 2009
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:24 pm 
ULK

Session Start: Wed Mar 31 21:32:37 2010
Session Ident: ^akiharu
[21:32] Session Ident: ^akiharu (GTANet, Bishop) ([email protected])
[21:32] <^akiharu> hey
01[21:36] <Bishop> whats up
[21:38] <^akiharu> looking for some urgent help with photoshop work - you up for it?
01[21:38] <Bishop> if it's not out of my league
01[21:38] <Bishop> sure

ULK Since 2003

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:27 pm 
ULK

Pakiharu in 2010:

Session Start: Sun Aug 01 15:46:15 2010
01[15:46] <Bishop> ready to play a war for ULK2 in 4 hours ?
01[15:46] <Bishop> they need a sub
Session Close: Sun Aug 01 15:46:41 2010

Session Start: Sun Aug 01 15:49:18 2010
[15:49] Session Ident: ^akiharu (GTANet, Bishop) ([email protected])
[15:49] <^akiharu> I personally can't
01[15:49] <Bishop> how about in 2 hours 45 min
01[15:49] <Bishop> lol
Session Close: Sun Aug 01 15:49:39 2010

Session Start: Sun Aug 01 15:49:50 2010
[15:49] Session Ident: ^akiharu (GTANet, Bishop) ([email protected])
[15:49] <^akiharu> no that's not the thing
[15:50] <^akiharu> I'm stuck in asia with mobile 3g internet right now
[15:50] <^akiharu> and my laptop does not have any games =/

[15:50] <^akiharu> its more for business only this laptop
01[15:50] <Bishop> looks like a forfeit in the first round
01[15:50] <Bishop> heh
01[15:50] <Bishop> none of the subs are ready

ULK Since 2003

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:32 pm 
ULK

2012, "just like you":

Session Start: Sun May 06 10:13:26 2012
[10:13] Session Ident: ^akiharu (GTAnet, Bishop) ([email protected])

[10:22] <^akiharu> maybe you don't know, but ive only come back recently too
[10:22] <^akiharu> just like you

01[10:22] <Bishop> I didn't know that
[10:22] <^akiharu> well yeah, i've been away
[10:23] <^akiharu> i take the blame for not stepping in earlier but im back to see xe through

ULK Since 2003

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:55 am 
ULK

Quote:
HeAD, October 16, 2009, 10:41:58 AM »

this is going to be really long, I'm old, bored, and nothing better to do while I idle at work. just be glad I didnt go into the MTAVC days Cheesy

I got out of jail, came into some money. first thing I did after buying a car was get a new gaming PC up and running, so once I got that out of the way, I immediately hit MSN and started spamming people from the mtavc days, seeing what everyone was playing these days. I found ULKnet IRC was still running... tried to see what everyone was playing, and it turned out to be either nothing or really laggy private CoD4 games with pront, where pront beats me 150-2.

running off old memories and nostalgia I tried out MTASA, and found a really slow paced game going on over there, no real competition, or no real way to show your skills or superiority over anyone else. some admin recognized me from MTAVC and gave me admin on some server, and I played there maybe a week or so, not really using my admin for anything other than to get weapons. coolest thing I saw over there was some fucker strafed a nub in a WW2 era fighter plane, perfect strafe run blew the fucker right off the map. it was awesome...

at some point I was talking about the GTA mods with bishop, and I don't remember all exactly how it happened, but bishop told me he had been playing VCMP for a bit, and it was about as good as MTAVC, at least for 2 old veterans to go and find some nubs to play around with. I started installing VC, while on IRC telling all the old ULKnet fags about a VC multi mod that was populated, unbroken like MTA, and waiting for us to play. once everyone got it running, we all raided LW's.

for our first hour or two, we totally dominated LW's and we were LOL'ing all over the place. eventually our actions got the attention of KFJ. us vs the whole server was fine, but once there was an opposing force working in an organized way against us, backed by the rest of the server in scattered groups, our domination was over, and the old ULK's all fell out 1 by 1 like "well this was a fun walk down memory lane, but I have no reason to stick around and prove myself to some kids who weren't even around when multi-VC mattered..."

KFJ had broken some of our rusty members, it boiled down to just me and bishop facing off with the whole server, as usual. I managed to do well enough against the KFJ, when I decided to challenge one to a quick 1v1, and I lost to KFJ shanto Sad

afterwards we had this whole IRC sobfest while me and bishop basicly walked back into ULKnet "not bad for a first day in, those bastards weren't so tough, we'll get them next time" while the rest were "omfg fuck this shit multi-mod VC is so wack, its retarded why do we even play this shit, you guys are fucking idiots thinking of going back" which was a hilarious attitude to be seeing from a bunch of guys sitting on a private IRC network established for multi-mod VC gaming years ago, which they idled on for years... needless to say, bishop and myself made some insensitive comments about their outlook, after idling for years on ULKnet then trying to abandon everything we've ever represented.

thereafter, active ULK had become me and bishop only, with the rest of ULK deciding they would rather idle on IRC and talk hype about games pre-release then trash them post-release. after last time on LW's I was feeling the rustiness as well as a lack of support from the gang, so I went to an alias that always makes me chuckle, Lucy.Pussy. for the next 2 weeks I beat the crap out of everyone I came across using that alias on LW's. afterwards I felt less rusty, and realized that all VCMP had to challenge us was KFJ, so I decided I would put the tags back on and see what I could get going.

around that same time, I ran into XE tommis, who is good friends with prontera. tommis recognized pront, bishop and myself immediately from mtavc, and was very glad to have our presence on his server, and made it clear with immediate level 10. since I am a major fan of fighting large nub teams over 1v1's, I had a new playground all to myself on XE, no tagged 1v1 faggots to hold hands, they were scared of all the cheats. all the nubs just for us, we had a new home Tongue

with bishop and myself playing regulary and under tags, it soon became apparent to us that we had at least 15-20 players in VCMP we saw everyday, learning basically everything they knew from us in the form of regular beatdowns. with our KFJ dartboard on the wall, we figured that rather than hand over all this "free training" we would give these people a shot at formal training, membership, matches, and most importantly a chance to compete among the best.

we singled out players who had the playing time and determination to respond well to training and ULK gang function, highlighted the fact that they can beat a "pro" on LW's and all they get is excuses, then told them if they joined us and let us train them, we would get them official matches against these people on grounds where they cannot make any excuses at the end.

starting out with chucky and aki, we recruited them based on their playing hours more than anything. we figured we could leave out a more thorough check of attitudes and such in light of the fact we are playing a slowly dying MP mod. at the time we figured we had maybe 6 months to shape up, challenge KFJ and the other clans to a match, beat them, and VCMP would be dead. so we recruited people with the daily hours needed to sharpen skills and reflexes to become a fully automated VC death machine. at that time, recruiting requisites were english and daily play.

in monitoring my own gang members and other admins on XE, it became apparent the XE admin policy was a total failure, and that there was potential for more players as well as balance of play if the admins could be more consistent. more and more of the public asking me for things, and complaining of other admins, eventually it came to me asking tommis for level changes almost twice a week, as well as script resets. tommis decided he trusted my addiction to VC multi enough to not fuck this up, so he gave me access to the script, admin panel, level 1337 and all that good stuff.

power was delegated as needed to aki, as he really stepped forward to take up the extra workload involved with running both XE and ULK affairs. thanks to him, I was able to move closer to my old role of leading by example rather than behind the scenes talks and such. eventually we went back to ULKnet to see if we could raise some of the older guys, by showing that VC still had some heart in the recruits. the only one to come along nicely was vinny.

the other one to show out of this, and it wasn't with any good intentions, was prontera. the fact that we had some competition going and that we were actually trying to do something raised pronts interests, "what, orly?" and not long after, pront was back in VCMP simply to pwn me for talking about it. I come into this fight with him expecting him to be just like old times, in your face, point blank, only way to win is to aim faster. instead, pront comes out jumping back with stubby and using python like a pro. all my nub trainees who thought I was the best, saw me getting stomped out by pront with a python like it was nothing. ever since, they have all been using python thinking that is prontera's secret to success, nevermind playing for 6+ years. you all know who you are. lol.

after a week of our daily work being embarassed by pront just fucking around for a few minutes a day, pront points out to me that I've not been long/sprint jumping at all, and told me how it was done in VCMP. not realizing there was a difference from MTAVC to VCMP in that aspect, I had never noticed. once I began using the "new" move, I realized just how hard it is to work against years of trained reflexes, and to consciously act in a different way accurately within split second timing, when I'm used to doing it all automatically from years of practice. that first week out using pront's method of long jumping for VCMP, EVERYONE totally pwned me. then I had to get a new mouse, and get used to its fucked up VC XY axis... between those 2 things, I decided to go and wear TLK tags until I felt back to normal.

somewhere along the line we actually started the match competition, known now as the OC. KFJ faded away just in time for us to never see them in a match, and my stay in VCMP has been alot longer than anyone expected. I have also recently returned to wearing ULK tags (when I'm not alias'd)

ULK Since 2003

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:59 am 
ULK

Quote:
Quote from: (pakiharu) Squida on October 17, 2009, 03:38:18 PM
Quote from: Tical on October 17, 2009, 03:32:38 AM
Quote from: Squida on October 17, 2009, 02:06:31 AM
aki started raping me with nogoto, made him lose his admin level haha.

wat rly?

lol ya rly, quite funny now that i think about it Grin

Hah true that. Good times. You forgot to mention my formal apology to you afterwards

lol

ULK Since 2003

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:03 am 
ULK

Quote:
Bishop, November 04, 2009, 05:54:38 AM »

I smoked way too much to remember things as vividly as you guys : /
No idea when I started playing and I don't remember my first game sessions much.

I remember running into "spookie" and asking him to fix the driveby, his reply "it's fine as is" sort of set the tone
Meaning, the gap between what is obvious or natural for a ULK and what is possible to explain to the lamers is the size of Grand fucking Canyon. VCMP is totally like MTA in that way.

I remember going to LW's and learning everyone was breaking the firering animation by jumping (frogging) even, or perhaps especially, the admins.

To this day, the no glitching rule on LW's is a gigantic joke on the frogging admin team and all the frogging players there

Anyway, and so, Head and me played some KFJ's one night, who all glitched and then flamed us to hell - extra funny firstly because their name is almost KFC, who is the biggest glitchers ever, but moreover because we had no fucking clue who the lamers were.
They knew all about ULK and its legacy though.

What people who broke into our forums, flamed us or tried to DDos our irc etc etc could never understand is, our number one quality is dedication. You play 20 hours, we play 40. Come up with a new move and you can be sure it's going under the loop over in ULK.
We love Vice more than anyone, Vice IS ours, always were, always will be.

Sure you might mod or outlag us one week but our players get off on the good fight, the challenge. We want our competition to be ace, to force us to play with everything we got.

Wipe the floor with us one week, you better have a new trick up your sleeve the next

At the same time guys like Head lifts the bar everywhere they go, game mechanics, attitude and intelligence for that matter. Always ready to help and give out free advice

I think ULK's story in VCMP is the story of a gang who wanted this game to live

XD

ULK Since 2003

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:07 am 
ULK

Quote:
Olvido, December 07, 2009, 01:34:32 PM »

I want stories about mta vc Cool

ULK Since 2003

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:08 am 
ULK

Quote:
HeAD, December 08, 2009, 10:47:56 AM

I had played through singleplayer VC a couple times, and was on to modding it for fun, and adding some nicer cars and whatnot to the game. I found some mods adding markers to the map where you could pickup helper thugs to follow you around, and some car and map mods and crap like that. I saw the release of mta 0.1 but never bothered, all the descriptions on the various modding sites said it sucked, and the pics/video looked kinda poopy... eventually, while I was looking for mods, I saw a big news post somewhere about mtavc 0.2 being released, and the features list looked worth it, and there was no more mention of it sucking or boring screens etc... so I downloaded it an installed it.

when I got into it, I had no idea what I was getting into, and with my SP experience, I decided to use the VC crusader class since his wepset seemed the most balanced, and I figured ingrams strafing would work the same as SP VC. I think I also used the auto-aim function. lol. needless to say, I got pwned by everyone.

for some reason I had alot of fun noobing around, driving and stunting, and trying to kill people then having a thrill trying to survive and get a kill. I think it was probably 2 weeks until I got an honest kill. eventually I became friends with some guy, darkreign27, who I hear plays some SA mod or something to this day... anyways, he showed me some cool things in VC, and raced me in his infernus and whatnot. good old nub days Cheesy

eventually, I was playing constantly and spamming the chat with nonsense, used to constant death and generally not being able to beat up anyone with a tag on. one day I was playing, and some guys cleared out the whole server, one spamming up the chat just like me but beating the crap out of everyone the whole way. eventually, it was only 4 players left on the server, VCP DeathB and SGB, element20, and myself. somehow DeathB decided to recruit element20 to VCPD, and somewhere in the taunting said something like "fuckit, we'll recruit HeAD too"

for maybe 1 week I was still a total nub, but I was getting a little better at cheap kills, but there were still some players who could easily pwn me. namely VCA loendal, I remember him as the first stubby frog I saw. others were first, but loendal was the first guy whoring it in public DM servers, and outside of the gang servers. after a week or two of basic training and hazing with deathb, myself and element got to talking, and we both reached this same conclusion "that fuck, loendal! he's always destroying me, its something with that shotgun!"

so we run off to an empty server, and begin fighting at robber spawn, 4 hours later, we go to a public DM server and take turns raping the shit out of loendal, and anyone else we saw for that matter. from that point on, we weren't just noobs, we were stubby whore noobs Tongue

a few more weeks pass, and more hazing from DeathB and SGB. most fights I got into, deathB was there shooting me at all the worst times. his no-mercy "quit your bitching" anything-goes style that was constantly around me in VC helped me greatly to grow as a player I must say. whether or not he was doing this intentionally or just having fun destroying some noob for months on end with benefitial side-effects, I do not know... but in the end, most of my core concepts for the game come from DeathB and his daily beatdowns and taunting.

inspired by my robber war sessions with element, I began inviting every single VCP recruit (VCPD tags are recruits) to come play private robber wars so they could be up to speed with myself and ele, and begin trying to engage the harder players. eventually, we had a pretty solid member base in VCPD, with VCP members appearing at times to pwn us all. the leadership must have noticed our efforts and skills, element was promoted to VCP. later that day, DeathB told me aside that I was also promoted to VCP, but I was to keep the VCPD tag on and was named as the VCPD leader, charged with training recruits, marking people for promotion, and I don't remember but I believe I also had recruiting powers as well.

I don't remember much of it, I was playing almost 24/7 at the time, but I was invited to play on the VCP tournament team, for the first official MTAVC gang match ladder. in the end, we won the ladder undefeated, and remained undefeated for a very long time. some time afterwards or during the tournament, I was officially given my VCP tags. to this day, some VCP members STILL claim undefeated title(none of them really earned it except ransom, all the rest are ULK now heheh). also at the end, some drama cropped up from the fact that the match team was mostly "lower-tier" members, while the high-ranked and inactive members were all over the forums touting the win. at the same time, players who had literally won this title for these inactive leaders and high-rankers, were snubbed and talked down to. DeathB was co-leader of VCP at the time, and the only active leadership in VCP. in reality, all the power and prestige lied with DeathB and us, the newer recruits and trainees who were actually on the frontlines doing the dirt. this lead to the VCP split, and eventually VCP to turn engrish and brazilian, then to fade away to idle ransom in IRC.

we may have played and won 2 tournaments undefeated before the split, I can't remember, it was a long time ago, and all those status things aren't the memories I try to keep anyway. I bet some archive or wiki somewhere shows these standings.

after we left VCP, we chose the name VCAS for Vice City All-Stars and Vice City Minor League, since we had just stomped the whole community in the ladder, and we were also very good at 1v1's. also, it was a stated goal that we would accept only the best as full members. popular on the official forums and with all the chatwhore IRC big-timers, VCP was able to paint us as a bunch of dis-loyal pricks and fickle children, and the community generally shitted on us. some may have given up or turned around, but since we were unstoppable in-game, the place that mattered, we kept on. after maybe a week, we changed names, as it seemed everyone and their mom had VC in their tags, and our tags were confusing or something, and we wanted something more original. the United Legion of Killers was born. this event may or may not have coincided with the merger with 4D, prontera, outback, joeshmo I believe...

after things settled down, DeathB managed to negotiate us back into the ladder matches through some good old fashioned taunting and "hah you're too scared to face us" type stuff, despite everyone having their ideas of us they got from the forums. again, we stormed the tournament, and I believe circumstances lead to the ladder becoming un-official and without a final standing. as such, we continued un-defeated for a very long time... I remember once, myself and ULK tim rushed FKU at the large construction site in a match. we were about 1 minute ahead of the rest of our team. we drove right through all their machine gun lanes and right under the building for a wicked crash stop, knocking down a defender. we both hop out and get to business ripping shit up with our stubbies, and I made use of my trademark shotgun+molotov combo, something new at the time, to accidentally kill tim after he took a knockdown, but to kill the entire FKU team. at first it was all scramble and then "oh fuck, I killed tim!" but there was a point where I knew I would kill them all, and I just saw the chat filled with FKU "OMFG" "..." and ULK "GO GO GO!" credit goes to tim for distraction, some ULK sniper from the back for cover, and FKU for being all stubby and no brain.

another time, we were fighting VCES at the southern mall, the outdoor one. following my various match successes and mainly the FKU beatdown, I and the team felt confident enough to let me operate as my own squad paired with one other, leaving the rest of the team to divide and operate A or D, with HeAD+1 for sweeper, distractions or support. VCES had the doorway totally covered. before a standoff could occur, and VCES could cover their flank, I immediately circled to the left, and began advancing up the parking garage ramp to take their flank... they had ONE guy there, and I just ran right past him, leaving my partner to take him down, probably tim or jim. I made it to the rooftop, and jumped down inside the center of the mall, and landed right behind the whole VCES formation, totally busy holding ULK at the entrance, I stubbied them in the back one at a time, broke them up and let ULK right in... not quite as dramatic as the FKU victory, but I totally awesome match moment for me Cheesy

off-topic match stories aside, I spent the majority of my time in ULK playing free-roam public DM servers, and avoiding large stubby spawn wars for the most part, as I had mastered all that in my early months, and stubby vs stubby always boils down to a few nearly impossible to beat players. at the same time, fighting these players outside of stubby wars they were total failures, and for me, this opened up the game to a whole new competition as learned from DeathB, weapons choice and balance. not putting a tactics guide up here, VC is like a giant game of rock-paper-scissors, and I like to think that with the direction of VCP/ULK I was able to pioneer alot of the methods players use today, to escape the monotony of stubby frogging and crouch glitching. playing tactically and roaming the map taught me how to survive things much better than a spawn war, and being in many different situations made me enjoy the game much more, especially to see that I could engange and win in nearly any situation, not just a controlled spawn war with one weapon... then to see all the "pro" stubby whores totally fail at anything else, sealed my victory over them. not only could I beat them up at their little spawnwars and outscore them, but they couln't touch me in roaming play, or do any of the shit I could do, let alone my ULK/TLK trainees...

after some time, my performance was noticed by the majority of ULK, and not just bishop and SGB anymore. eventually I had a sortof sect inside of ULK, consisting of a bunch of sailor users, following all my tactics guides and philosophies. heheh trolling sidenote, PCP clan seemed to totally ripoff everything, and totally revolved around my teachings. their senior members and founder can be directly linked to my "school" of VC, although to this day they totally deny it all and act like ULK had nothing to do with them. back to the story, the rest of ULK robber whored, until they got bored, then they came to school with HeAD. free-roaming play was all of a sudden flooded with other experienced players, and usually trying to team with me and bishop, cutting into our kills, or targetting us and our tags, turning our roaming FFA or hunt into some glorified pickup gang match.

bishop and I decided from there to use alias names, for various reasons, mainly the lulz. for a long time, we roamed and "killed" every server we joined, and completely dominated nearly everyone we ever saw. avoiding our ULK fame, very few people ever knew who we were. training operations were going very nicely, we had something around 50 active members, topped out at 80 once but they all weren't top-notch... we had plenty of plans for ULK's operation and competitive play, but the MTA devs released MTAVC 0.5, and the rest was history.

to this day, as many of you may know, I am still innovating, still teaching/training players from the noobs all the way up to the "pro's" and veterans, and still trying to help others see the fun and competitive aspects to the game outside of the obvious.
things are alot less competitive these days, the training isn't so exclusive to ULK/TLK, but the fun is still there, and I hope to continue playing VC multi for a long time to come

"... somehow DeathB decided to recruit element20 to VCPD, and somewhere in the taunting said something like "fuckit, we'll recruit HeAD too"

rofl

ULK Since 2003

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:22 am 
ULK

Quote:
Olvido, December 09, 2009, 09:58:12 AM »

see this

http://forum.multitheftauto.com/viewtop ... a1e20787dc

ULK Since 2003

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:25 am 
ULK

Quote:
Bishop, December 09, 2009, 10:47:03 AM »

by Bishop
on Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:47 pm

Forum: General MTA discussion
Topic: GTA IV

GTA 4 will be the final nail in the stagnation of gaming coffin

That's me calling Rockstar out back in 2006 lmfao

ULK Since 2003

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next